Friday, April 20, 2012

CASE Study #87



When I saw the CASE Study challenge this week I just had to play along.  I am so fortunate to have had lots of crafting time this week.  I whipped this card up in no time at all thanks to some great patterned paper that I picked up at Michael's.

Here is Laurie's card for the inspiration piece this week.  As you can see I was inspired by the colors.  Love that pop of red!
from Laurie Schmidlin

Have a wonderful weekend,



 
All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Love & Marriage
Paper:   Black, white, Black & White pp (recollections)
Ink:   Pure Poppy, Black (memento)
Other:  heart dies, red pearls

15 comments:

Jill said...

Sara, my jaw actually dropped when I saw this card! Wow! It's . . . fantastic! You have used that patterned paper to perfect advantage, and the cameo heart, sentiment and pearls on the band are . . . well, again, perfection! I hope you have a wedding to go to soon because this card *must* be appreciated! :-)

Christina said...

This is so very elegant, Sara! I just adore the pop of red and beautiful scripty sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study!

Deanna Jean said...

Great take on the challenge. Love that patterned paper and the pop of red.

Maureen said...

Hi Sara! Oh, yes! That pop of red is fabulous :) Love the font on that sentiment and think it fits the feel of the card perfectly :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
Love that red heart against all the black...
just gorgeous!!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful!! I love the pop of red, too!

Amy said...

Wow Sara! This paper was perfect for this card and especially with the pop of red thrown in there! Gorgeous!

June K said...

Very pretty card. I bought this pad of paper at Michaels because I fell in love with it but wasn't sure how I was going to jazz it up a bit. I love the red. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mayol said...

Great combination of patterned paper and sentiment font - they go so well together!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Love the layout. The pattern paper is awesome. Love the pop of red.

Aimes said...

Fab use of that patterened paper! Gorgeous layout too!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week!
x

Kim said...

Sara, your card is just so beautiful, perfect for a wedding! Thank you too for your sweet comments on my blog.

Chunyuan said...

This card is so elegant. Love the pop of red heart and silhouettes.

Marlena M. said...

I love your colors here Sara! Beautiful card. ;)

Kristin said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Love that red pop and the paper is perfect. So pretty :)