Friday, May 4, 2012

Case Study #89 - For Mom

When I saw the new CASE Study challenge this week I just had to make time to play along.

I fell in love with Aga's card:


As soon as I saw this I thought of that huge black and white paper pack that I picked up at Michael's a few weeks ago.  Here's what I came up with:

I embossed the flourishes on the patterned paper using clear EP.  The chipboard letters were covered in glossy accents and dusted with a bit of glitter for some added sparkle.  I also highlighted the edges of the letters with an aqua colored Copic marker.  Originally, I had the chipboard "O" in there as well, but when I found this ginormous button in my stash I had to use that instead.  I played around with twine and floss in the center of the large button, but decided that it looked best on its own.

After staring at this card for a while it's starting to look like it says "303" instead of "mom".  LOL!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!






Stamps:  Fancy Flourishes (PTI)
Paper:   Hawaiian Shores (PTI), Black, black & white pp (recollections)
Ink:   versamark
Other:  chipboard letters, buttons, glossy accents, glitter

10 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

Sara, I love it! I love the huge letters, the button for the "o" and the soft colors you chose. Great take on the inspiration card!

Joyce said...

What a fun card. I love how you used that huge button for the letter 'O'. Your mom is sure to love this.

Mynnette said...

This is fabulous!!! LOVE the use of buttons! Gorgeous paper, too! :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...I love how you stamped the flourish on top of the gorgeous damask paper. So elegant. I'm sure your mom will love it!

Sarah C said...

I love how you used the big button! What a fun card for mother's day. So cool!!

Christina said...

What a great idea to stamp the flourish directly on the patterned paper--it looks wonderful! The buttons are the perfect accents, too. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study, Sara!

Maureen said...

that button was made for this card! Every time I see the word Mom on a card or gift, it reminds me of the little wooden jewelry box my son made for me for Mother's Day when he was in Grade 9. I had opened it upside down and really did think it was meant to read "wow." LOL Took me a minute to realize my error! LOL Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Amy said...

Eek! Look at that button! It was the PERFECT addition to this sketch!

Jean Martin said...

What a great take on our CASE this week! I love the pop of aqua in this card. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Lorraine said...

Very pretty, Sara! Love the embossing, large button for the "o" and the two small buttons on the m's.