Monday, August 20, 2012

CASE Study #104

Just had to make time to play along with the CASE Study challenge this week.  

This challenge is to CASE one of the Designers (past or present) on the team.  All of their designers are so talented and there are too many amazing cards to choose from.  I remembered a card from Debby Hughes that I fell in love with and put on my "CASE someday" list.  Well the time is now.  I know she cased Maile Belles, but I love Debby's version.

Here's my card:


And here is the inside:


Sorry for the horrible photos -- bad lighting.

The "40" and the flowers are cut from some heavy weight silver glitter paper from Michael's and the sentiment is stamped on vellum.

Here is a photo of Debby's card:








 All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes, Signature Greetings, Mat Stack 5
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Groovy Guava (SU)
Ink:   Groovy Guava (SU), Black (memento)
Other:  Mat Stack 5 dies, Big Number dies, In Bloom IP,  flower punch (MS)

12 comments:

Debby said...

Hi Sara! I'm so honoured that you CASEd my card, well my version of Mailes card. I love the rich coral colour - it really sets the grey numbers off beautifully :)

Lynn said...

Don't you just love Debby's style...so amazing...and your CASE is gorgeous. Love the colors you choose..the touch of glitter is perfect.

Emma said...

Beautiful card, very striking.

Joyce said...

This is a super card. I really like the inside, too.

frommycraftroom said...

Great card. Fab colours. TFS.

pamela said...

Awesome card to choose to CASE! Very different take on it too!

Maureen said...

glittery and gorgeous! Love those super big numbers! Thanks for helping us celebrate 2 years over on CASE Study :)

Gayatri Murali said...

Beautiful colour combination, Sara! Great card to CASE and your card is Fab! I too have the same card of Debbie's on my To CASE list. Seeing your card and Debbie's I will CASE them tomorrow:)

Aimes said...

A beautiful CASE! I'm a sucker for Debby's style too ;D
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs!
x

Jennifer K said...

So pretty, Sara. Love that you also decorated the inside. I really need to remember to do that more often. I'm usually just so glad to get the outside done! lol

reeree62 said...

Very nice...I'm definitely CASEing this one! Pinned it!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How cool is your take on Debby's card! I love your personal touches and the flourishes you added, plus the inside is lovely too! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!