Thursday, September 12, 2013

CASE Study #157


Hi all!  I finally had some time to make a card.  I actually was supposed be cleaning up my messy desk but then I started looking at a few current challenges.  When I saw the CASE Study challenge today I knew I wanted to put the scraps on my desk to use.


I was inspired by the blues and purples on the card and the pattern on the ribbon.  It just so happens that these blue and lavender chevrons were leftover from two of my daughter's cards.


I also had the soft stone die cut on my desk because I intended to use it on another card but never got around to it.  Life has gotten a bit busy now that school has started again:)  Anyhow, to finish off my card I found this cute button with a flower impression on it.  Thought it would work great with the flower from the inspiration card.

It felt great to create a quick card again.  Now I just need to finish cleaning up this space so I feel like creating more often.

Have a great week!




 
 All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:   Boutique Borders: Baby
Paper:  White, Soft Stone, Lavender Moon, Tempting Turquoise (SU)
Ink:   Tempting Turquoise (SU), Black (memento)
Other:  Chevron Cover Plate, Boutique Borders: Baby die, Lavender Moon button

10 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous inspired card Sara! Glad you had a chance to get your scraps of the table :) !!! Thank you for joining us!!! Hugs ~S~

Kristie said...

Lovely card!! The button is cool!

Joyce said...

Yay--so nice to see you crafting and posting. Way more fun than cleaning up. What an awesome card, too. I love that button. Yes, keep your desk neat so you can craft again.

Joan Bardee said...

gorgeous!

Geri said...

GORGEOUS, Sara!!!

Michal Mac said...

I know I already told you how much I like this card, but it was worth commenting about anyways:)
Adorable card, mom!

Colleen said...

What a fabulous card, Sara, the colors are so bright and cheery, perfect for parents of a new little one!

Jennifer K said...

So pretty!

Christina said...

Oh how beautiful! I love the mix of positive and negative chevrons and that pretty flower button.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the inlaid dies! This is fabulous!