Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yellow Poppies

Lisa Johnson started a new challenge series on her blog.  You can find this week's challenge here.  As you can see she gave us three "seeds" to use on our cards:
  1. Crystals
  2. A flower stamp
  3. Light Yellow
This was such a fun challenge!  I used one of my very favorite stamp sets from Papertrey -- Remember.  This is a must have set.  I LOVE the poppy images Lisa included.  I also used FTL #80 from the clean & simple blog for my layout.



The solid part of the flowers are stamped with Buttercup ink (CTMH).  The outlines are stamped in Orange Zest.  I used Ripe Avocado for the stems and leaf outlines and Spring Moss for the solid leaves.  This sheet of patterned paper from Polka Dot Parade coordinated perfectly with my stamped image.  I finished it off with Orange Zest twill tape ribbon and rhinestones.




All products Papertrey Ink unless stated otherwise

Stamps:  Remember
Paper:  ripe avocado, white, lemon tart, polka dot parade pp
Ink:  Buttercup (CTMH), orange zest, ripe avocado, spring moss
Accessories: orange zest twill tape, rhinestones (paper studio), apron lace punch (fiskars), corner rounder

15 comments:

Nadine said...

Wow what a beautiful card Sara! That flower is gorgeous, really eye catching. I just love how you've used the rhinestones as your border. Im gonna have to try that some time.

I really admire your style Sara - clean, bright loveliness. Not like me where Im always trying to distress something…lol!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love seeing the older PTI sets used because I'm not familiar with them, this set is really beautiful!!

Sue Ann said...

WOW this is so beautiful and the flower is really the star of the card!!! Love this card!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love what you did with the border and the pp is perfect!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

What a pretty card! I like the colors you chose and the layout of your card. I may have to put that stamp set in my cart now that I've seen what you can do with it. Nice job!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so pretty!! Love it.

Nadya 's World!!! said...

What a cute card!!! :) Love the colors you used! Great job on the challenge!
Nadya :)

Sherry said...

LOVE it!!

Sandy said...

gorgeous! I'm very jealous of papertrey stamp owners! I'm too poor to afford shipping to canada! Heading over to check out the poppy seed challenge!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So pretty! I love the fun colours and the cute polka dots!

Whimsey said...

Great job; love those polka dots. Haven't used this stamp set in ages; makes me want to pull it out and stamp!! :D

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous!!

Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS Stamping. :)

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

This is beautiful. I've never seen this set until this week. I am going to check it out right now.

Pat said...

Great layout! I love all the white on your card - it gives it such a fresh look. Good job on this challenge.

P.S. I used the same set on my challenge card.

Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) said...

Sara, this is gorgeous!!! I love what you have done with this set and the challenge! I also remember your red, black and white one from when you originally made it, IT IS STUNNING! Congrats on your blog too! I can't figure out how to subscribe (computer challenged, lol!) Also, I didn't realize you were from HI. We were stationed on Oahu for 2 1/2 years and I absolutely LOVED it! It truly is like living in paradise!:)