Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MIM 3 -- Glitter Strip


Here's a quick card for Make it Monday 3, to add a glitter strip to your card using Scor-Tape.  I made another card like these HERE by embossing one of the Limitless Layers dies onto my cardstock and adding a few lines with the Scor-Pal.

EDITED:  I was asked about embossing the medallion.  Here's the sandwich I used in my cuttlebug:
- A Plate

- B Plate
- Tan Embossing Mat
- Cardstock (cardfront)
- die (cutting lines facing down)
- B Plate

I placed a few strips of 1/8" Scor-Tape above and below the scor lines and sprinkled them with Sour Apple glitter (Martha Stewart).  The image is punched out with a 1 3/4" circle punch and the shamrock was punched out again using a 1" circle punch.  I popped it up on a pop dot for more dimension.  I colored the inside of the shamrock with my Clearstar glitter pen so it was nice and sparkly.  Quick, easy and fun card!


17 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Too cool! I have to try this idea too! Awesome Irish card Sara! Hugs ~S~

Lee Anne said...

I really love the CAS layout you used, and the details you added with the scoring and glitter strips are wonderful!

Ted said...

Love this CAS St. Paddy's day card, Sara! Nice and sparkly! :) Great job!

Mrs. Cunningham said...

I love all the blingy glitteries! Great card!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow! Love your glitter strips and your LL embossed area! This is such a great CAS St. Patty's Day card!

Angy said...

AWESOME! Great job! So bright and perfect!

Jen Carter said...

This is super! Love the placement of the glitter strips!

Sarah said...

Love this idea!
I'm having trouble getting my dies to emboss as deeply as yours...would you mind to share your secret? What kind of die-cutting machine do you use? Thanks!!

Joan B said...

gorgeous!

Renee said...

This is awesome and I'm going to have to "borrow" your idea!
Love that green!

Eva said...

GREAT card! Love the design and I love your glitter great take on the MIM challenge.

Anonymous said...

Another great card! I love this one. My husband's birthday is on St.Patrick's Day. I may be CASEing this one!

Katie said...

It is so nice to see St. Patrick's Day cards! I love how CAS and yet striking it is.

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is one FABULOUS CAS card!!

Lea L. said...

Love the CAS design of this...and the glitter strips and scored lines are awesome!! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

My DH just heard me ohhing and ahhing and drooling all over this card. Love the CAS!

Laurie said...

Sara I LOVE this! What an awesome card! That scoring and the glitter strips look so good!! WOW!!