Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gift Card Thanks

Paper Dolls Challenge #34
Okay so I'm a month behind on this challenge.  Yes, I know there really is no time limit but I told myself that I would get each Paper Dolls challenge done within the first month.  I'm already falling behind.

This is for Cecilia's gratitude challenge.  You can read about it HERE.  Basically we are to create a simple thank you card and use a background stamp.


I chose to stamp the large flower from the 2008 PTI anniversary set Everyday Classics as my background image.  I also wanted to have the bright Springy color of New Leaf included so I used it as my card base and for the leaf die cut.  This is a Sizzix die that I really love.

I stamped an image from Mat Stack 2 on the Mat Stack 1 die cut.  I didn't intend for the image to turn out like that but I liked the look of my mistake:)  I first stamped the image in versamark and then New Leaf ink because I wanted to emboss the frame.  Well, it didn't work, but I was left with a cool looking distressed frame.  I added a little flower gem from Michael's and some lace trim to finish off the card front.

Since I needed to make a thank you card to go along with a gift card I was giving, I just turned this card into a gift card holder by creating a little pocket from a leftover piece of the background paper.  Here's the inside:








All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated

Stamps:  Everyday Classics, Mat Stack 2, Mat Stack 4 (sentiment)
Paper:  New Leaf, white, Sweet Blush
Ink:  Sweet Blush, New Leaf, Hollyhock (CTMH), Versamark
Other:  Mat Stack 1 die, Sizzix leaf die, gem flower, rhinestone, lace, corner rounder

17 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty! Love the big leaf, it really adds a nice touch to the card :)

BethieJ said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Suzanne said...

Great idea to make a slot for the GC inside! I love that flower image, and your color combo is so pretty, Sara!

Diane Jaquay said...

I was wondering what that background stamp was (I don't have it), but I see it's from 2008. This card is really GORGEOUS, Sarah! The stamped flowers look fabulous, as does the label/sentiment! And I love those die cut leaves too (I think I like them better than the PTI die, hmmm...)

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Sara! I love what you did using the older anniversary set stamp....makes some pretty pattern paper! As for that leaf die, I recently bought it and LOVE LOVE it! (I held out for the turning a new leaf dies but was a bit disappointed and thus didn't order them) I love that with this die, the leaves are smaller and you can cut it apart and use it with just smaller branches too! This was definitely the best purchase of our girls weekend! Yay for Joann's and sales!

Renee said...

LOVE that die!
I'm so putting it on my list!
And though you call the ink on the label a mistake...
I'm calling it gorgeous!
Beautiful card.

Mara Campbell said...

Your background stamping is amazing, so so pretty!!! And I love the lace and the label. Such a great card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! I really love this color combo, and how you mixed the mat stacks. That was a happy discovery with the ink - it looks great!

Lorraine said...

This is beautiful, Sara! Love the pinks/greens, leaf die cut (yow, I want that, lol) and what you call a mistake (love the stamp on that die cut and the graduated green colors)!

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Sara ...... love the colors on this!!

Laurie said...

I love this Sara!!! So pretty! I bought this leaf die too! Amy and I got it at our girls weekend! I have used it a ton already! Love the small leaves!

Lee Anne said...

Oh, these colors are beautiful, and I love the green leaves sticking out behind the mat. Wonderful card!

Sudha said...

wow, its so pretty.

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Sara! I love the stamped background, leaves, and lace!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

So pretty, Sara. You did a great job creating the background. The added trim is adorable. I've been eyeing that leaf die set. Thanks to you, I just ordered it!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! LOVE those colors and the background paper you created! The leaf die looks perfect with this too!

Rebecca said...

Great job! I love the green & pink together. And I have that sizzix die and also LOVE LOVE it! TFS.