Thursday, December 15, 2011

For Your Inspiration #20

I need to start off this post by wishing my oldest daughter a very Happy Birthday!  Today she turns 13!!!

I made her birthday card based on our inspiration photo for the latest For Your Inspiration challenge.  Here is the picture:


And here is my card:


As you can see I chose to incorporate the colors of the photo.  I stamped several white swirls from Grunge Me (PTI) on the purple frame and the numbers to mimic the clouds.  The white panel was embossed with the Sheet Music impression plate from PTI.

We've got lots of birthday celebrations planned starting tonight with family, then tomorrow with her friends.  Can't believe how quickly 13 years have passed!

Be sure to check out the amazing cards the rest of the DT created for this challenge.  Their links are on my sidebar.

I'm also entering this in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ #119 challenge which is to make a birthday themed project.


Blessings,




All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes, Grunge Me, "happy" sentiment (unknown)
Paper:  White, Tempting Turquoise (SU), Old World mat stack (purple frame - DCWV)
Ink:  Fresh Snow, black (memento)
Other:  Sheet Music IP, By the Numbers dies, rhinestones colored with copic B05, Top Note die (SU)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to your teenage girl! I bet she loves her card. :-) My eldest is 9, but she THINKS she's 13, LOL!

Lynn said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! Love how it has a teen personality to it...the touch of gems are perfect!

How are the show choir rehearsals going? We've added two afternoon rehearsals in addition to the every morning! Crazy but he LOVES it.

dstandard said...

Love your card and the texture here!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. I love how you have used the music IP on your white. Happy birthday to your daughter. Mine are 12 & 14, so I know how wonderful 13 is, and how quickly it all goes by.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect for a teenager!

StephC said...

Beautiful, as always! Happy Birthday to your daughter! :)

Marlena M. said...

Sara, your card is beautiful! I hope she had a wonderful birthday. Happy New Year! ;)