Saturday, January 21, 2012

Black & White Butterflies

I finally getting to play along with a CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  It's been so long since I've participated.  Since the icy weather has cancelled our weekend plans, I have some crafty time!  Gotta stay positive:)

The challenge this week was to use only black and white -- not even another speck of color.



Here's what I made.



I had the hardest time getting a decent photo of this that showed the embossing on the black strip.  Sorry for the poor picture.  The fact that it's an ugly, gray, icy day here doesn't help.

For this card I just used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and my Black & White Basics patterned paper from Papertrey.  The black strip is embossed with one of those thin Cuttlebug folders from the With Love set.

What a great challenge!  Have a wonderful weekend.







All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Enjoy the Ride
Paper:  white & black cs, Black & White Basics pp
Ink:  black (memento)
Other:  MS butterfly punch, with love embossing folder (provo craft)

12 comments:

Lynn said...

This is lovely Sara. I love the different papers and the touch of embossing. Did the show choir competition get cancelled?

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I like how you used so many different patterned papers--but all black and white. And, it must be the California sun, because I can see your embossing just fine.

Deb said...

Sara, this is beautiful! I love how you used pattern paper for this challenge. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

Suzanne said...

Sara, this rocks! I LOVE the "with love" on the side and the patterns!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful card, I love those butterflies!

Karen Aicken said...

I just LOVE your card for the challenge this week (CASual Friday's), and I think you've been my inspiration to do mine.
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card, Sara! I imagine that in real life it is even better! I love the embossing, lovely touch.

The Paper Parade said...

So sophisticated! It really is beautiful :)

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous work, Sara! I love your layout of butterflies.

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Love those patterned butterflies...
and that sentiment and embossing is perfect! :)

Evelyn said...

The card is wonderful, Sara!
I idea with the butterflies and the embossing is so great!

Kind regards,
Evelyn

Dana said...

I see your embossing and I love it Sara. This whole LO is so pretty. So happy you played along with CAS-ual Friday this week!