Thursday, April 19, 2012

For Your Inspiration #28 + retrosketches #7

Well it's that time again -- today begins the next For Your Inspiration challenge.  Take a look at this stunning photo that Steph chose this time:


I used the latest sketch from retro sketches to create my card.  I rarely join sketch challenges because I find them so difficult.  I loved this sketch though, so I wanted to play along.




I didn't have any paper or ink as bright and vibrant as the purple in the photo, so I softened the colors a bit by choosing lavender and a purple scrap that I had laying around.

The black layer and the bottom of the card base were cut using Curved Rectangles from Spellbinders.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the FYI Design Team to see their gorgeous work.  Their links are on my sidebar.

Blessings,



 
All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes, Boxes, Bags & Tags, Mixed Messages
Paper:  lavender, purple (unknown), black (PTI)
Ink:  Black, Dandelion (memento), Orange (spectrum pad), lavender
Other:  Lemondrop twine (the twinery), 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, Curved Rectangles (spellbinders), orange sharpie marker

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful Sara! I love how you did the black border bits...adds an extra elegance to the card!

Suzanne said...

Sara, I love it! I love the splash of purple and the twine.

Christina said...

I find sketches to be especially challenging, too, but you did a fantastic job with this one! the poppies are beautiful, and I love what you did with the twine!

Jackie Rockwell said...

You did a great job combining challenges Sara! The black background shape is so interesting and really looks wonderful with your bright yellow flowers! So glad you played along with us at RetroSetches!

Michelle said...

Sara, you certainly rocked this sketch! Your card is totally beautiful! Wow!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card, Sarah! Love these colors! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card. The lavender and yellow look great together.

carol (krillsister) said...

gorgeous card. I love how you paired the purple with the yellow. The black background makes it all so striking.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your take on the combination of these challenges. The black panels make the main image pop so beautifully. Love the colors you've used and the twine finishes it off beautifully.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous take on the inspiration photo Sara - love the botanical stamps.
Have a wonderful weekend - Sylvia x

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Wonderful card Sara! Great job combining both challenges! I love the poppies!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card Sara ! Very creative stamping it seems. I keep looking at it to figure out how you applied the colors to the flowers ! Awesome ! ps..thx for stopping at my blog :)