Take a look at this gorgeous picture.
I knew right away that I would sponge a similar sky and use some Stampscapes images for my card.
For the background:
- I started by brayering the entire glossy cardstock panel with a light yellow ink.
- Then I masked off the sun using a circle punched out from a post-it note.
- Next I sponged Groovy Guava ink all around the panel, being sure to leave some of the yellow showing through.
- After that I used my favorite Stampscape stamp ever, Cloud (cumulus), in a darker orange. Do you see the fluffy clouds at the top? That stamp is foolproof I tell you.
- I chose to stamp a few small strip clouds in that darker orange (stamped off once) over the sun.
The die cut sentiment came with a cuttlebug folder called Everyday Greetings. I've had it for years and don't think I've ever used it. I am really trying to put some old things to use. Otherwise, I just feel wasteful.
Be sure to see the gorgeous cards that the rest of the DT made. They hit it out of the ballpark on this challenge! Their links are on my sidebar.
Have a wonderful day,
Stamps: Prickly Branches, Cloud, Cloud Strips
Paper: white, black, glossy
Ink: Buttercup, Goldrush (CTMH), Dandelion (memento), Groovy Guava (SU!)
Other: Everyday Greetings die (provocraft)