Friday, January 25, 2013

5 minute card

Two posts in one day?  These days it's rare if I posts two cards in one month.  Okay it's not that bad, but it's close.

I needed a quick card today and turned to retro sketches for help.  This card took about 5 minutes to put together.



My husband asked me to make a card for a woman at his work who is retiring.  I just need to make it big enough for everyone to sign and keep it simple.  No problem.


I made the card base 5x7 and used my new 5x7 Polka Dot cuttlebug folder.  I love that they make bigger folders now.  The flowers are stickers that I've had in my stash for about six years now.  How sad is that?  I don't even use stickers so why do I have these?  Oh well, it helped to make a really quick card:)

Have a wonderful weekend,




Stamps:  Enjoy the Ride (PTI)
Paper:   Groovy Guava (SU), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink:  Blue Breeze (Kaleidacolor pad)
Other:  3-d stickers (Marcella K), gold gel pen, polka dots CB folder

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful take on the sketch x

Joyce said...

Great take on the sketch. I found this week's sketch particularly easy to work with and inspiring--but still took more than 5 minutes!! Love those flowers, and the bling is very fun.

Angela said...

This is lovely and bright and will surely be treasured by the retiree!