Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tall & Thin


Here's a tall and thin one layer card for this week's OLW challenge on Heather Telford's blog.


I colored the image using Distress Markers and a water brush on watercolor paper.  I love the look of these  markers and they are so easy to use.

I'm not a fan of coloring on my cards, but that's probably just because I'm not very good at it and it takes more time.  However, I've been playing with these markers and I'm actually enjoying it.  I'm just keeping the coloring real simple.


The stems on the right show how I quickly colored the flowers before blending with a water brush.  This I can do!

Here's the back of my card which I stamped with the mini gladiolus image (from Year of Flowers Collection) along with the markers that I used.


I'm also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp challenge: April Showers / Spring Flowers





  
 All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:   Year of Flowers: Gladiolus, Think Big Favorites #7, Year of Flowers Collection
Paper:  Watercolor Cold Press (strathmore)
Ink:  Archival Jet Black (ranger)
Other: distress markers, water brush (ranger)

7 comments:

Joyce said...

So glad you made a card with that stamp you said was on your desk. Your coloring is phenomenal--you should do it more often. I like how you did the back of your card, too.

Lynn said...

Your coloring looks amazing to me Sara. I'll admit to being completely afraid of coloring. The detail on the stamps is gorgeous.

Joy said...

Stunning CAS card, love your colouring.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Geri said...

Lovely, Sara!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love those glads, "Sara Mac!" They are the ultimate tall and thin flower, right?! Your coloring is just beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty tall card. Love your coloring!

Anonymous said...

Your colouring is beautiful and the layout perfect for a tall card.
Heather T