Monday, May 3, 2010

Mother's Day Dahlia


This is the card I brought to my stamp gathering for everyone to make.  I cased this from the talented Jackie Pedro.  You can find her card here.  I like Jackie's card much better, but I wanted to recreate it using what I had. 

The CB embossing folder is called Floral Screen.  I stamped the dahlia and leaves from some patterned paper in the Everyday Blessings collection and used pop dots behind them for added dimension.  I colored the center of the dahlia with a gold gelly roll pen.  I chose to stamp my "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment inside.

Thanks for stopping by!  I really appreciate all your comments and encouragement.




Stamps: Delightful Dahlia (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Stampers Select White, True Black, Everyday Blessings pp (PTI)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Floral Screen cuttlebug embossing folder, EKSuccess embossed curves punch, aqua ribbon (unknown), pop dots, gelly roll pen, copic marker, corner rounder, Delightful Dahlia dies

14 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Thank you for the shout out, Sara!! Your card looks beautiful!!!

Rhonda said...

I really like the large border scallop with this Sara.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really pretty! I love the color of the flower and the embossed white background! Very striking card!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! Love the black scallops in contrast to the white background!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is very pretty!! Love the large scallop border.

Sharron said...

Stunning! Love the scallops done in black with the soft colors and the bold pattern on the embossing folder.

Lisa Voerg said...

Your color combo. is so fantastic. Your card will be the push for me to order that DAhlia set. Beautiful work.

Dana said...

So pretty Sara. I really like the giant black scallops to offset the delicate flower. And that CB embossing folder is lovely! Simple and elegant.

Barbara said...

I love this, Sara. Such pretty colors and design!

Unknown said...

Pretty card sarah!! love the colors and the embossed background!!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!

Taheerah said...

Beautiful card Sara! I just love the colour of that dahlia, and that big band of ribbon!

Niki Estes said...

This is so pretty, Sara! I love the embossed panel behind the large flower!

Geny said...

Such a pretty and calming card, love the colors!