Friday, July 16, 2010

Simple Gift Card Holder



Hi all, this is a quick gift card holder I made for my husband's birthday.  He's one of those people you can't shop for because he either buys what he needs or wants something you couldn't possibly pick out on your own (guitar accessories & equipment).  Therefore, he gets a gift card or in this case a coupon for $$ to add to his guitar fund.

I stamped the arrows from Get to the Point in Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse.  The sentiment and "Happy Birthday" are from Get to the Point sentiments.  I attached that kraft piece to a black card base that is 5" x 7" and scored at 4 1/4" to form a flap. 

I added some patterned paper from the Men of Life collection to the inside and then punched slits to hold the coupon.  I created a coupon using two Labels 10 dies and some alphabet stamps from Stampabilities.  I wrote his gift amount and a little note on the back of the coupon.  Let's just say he was plenty happy with this simple gift:)




Stamps:  Get to the Point, Get to the Point sentiments (Papertrey), tenly alphas (Stampabilities)
Paper:  True Black, Kraft, Pure Poppy, Men of Life pp (Papertrey)
Ink: White (Memories), Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey), Black (Memento)
Accessories:  corner rounder, labels 10 (Spellbinders), slit punch (SU), scor-pal

3 comments:

Anika said...

Fun! Love those arrows and the colors! My dad is the same way...so hard to shop for. I made him a "Tool Fund" for Christmas because he is always looking for the newest gadgets for woodworking and it would be impossible for me to pick something out!

Lorraine said...

What a fun gift card holder! Love the arrows, the patterned paper and how you created your coupon with the labels 10 dies!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is way cute Sara, those arrows are so FUN!!!