Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Here's a quick CAS card that I made for my oldest daughter.


I impressed a piece of white cardstock with my Woodgrain IP and then cut it into strips for the background.  Just thought it added a bit more visual interest.  The circle is impressed with the Sunshine IP.  The tree image is from Hero Arts.  Thanks to my friend Barb for loaning me this set:)


Have a wonderful day!



 
All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:   Who Loves You (Hero Arts)
Paper:  White, Kraft
Ink:   Sepia (memories)
Other:  Woodgrain Impression Plate, Sunshine Impression Plate, Pure Poppy Twine, circle nestability die, copic marker, hole punch

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the woodgrain...looks like panelling! :)

Barb said...

Sara, this is great. You seem to take the simplest things and turn them into something beautiful!

Mara Campbell said...

Lovely lovely!! The embossing is fabulous, it adds so much to the card.

Nadine said...

A Happy (late) Valentine's Day to you and the girls! Im sure your daughter loved this CAS card, so much details went into it!

Joyce said...

Love this. Very clever to cut up that background. I think I'll try this technique.

The Paper Parade said...

Very pretty! I love all the woodgrain on the white, and then the way that you put the twine through the circle and behind it, great idea!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card, Sara. I love the bit of twine strung through. ;)

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Sara!
I hopped on over from Nadine's blog, how nice to know someone else from Hawaii... I'm also your newest follower.. Love all the cards you made, so inspiring....Can't wait to see more of your creations....
Have a awesome evening....

~Tammy~ said...

This is so so pretty!

Enjoy the Hawaii weather Sara, I miss it so!