Saturday, August 17, 2013

One More Happy Background


I'm so glad that I had a bit of time today to join in on the birthday bash at 10 Minute Craft Dash.  My card was super quick to put together.  I used the "Happy" background that I created for these two cards.  I just had to create one more card before putting all those stamps back into their sets:)


I stamped the white panel a few times to create the background paper, then I taped two chevrons together that were in my scrap pile.  I die cut the birthday word from a scrap of Pure Poppy card stock and adhered it all together.

Total time:  6 minutes 28 seconds!  Does that count since I had all the scraps laying around already?  I hope so.



I'm also playing along at Seize the Birthday -- anything goes.



Blessings,


 
 All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:   Various "happy" clear stamps
Paper:   Black, white, Pure Poppy, tempting turquoise (SU)
Ink:   black
Other:  Chevron cover plate, birthday trio dies

11 comments:

Kara said...

Love your happy background!

Betty said...

Cool idea to combinate all the stamps from different sets - looks great. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

Marlena M. said...

This is so trendy and cool Sara~I love it! Thanks for your sweet wishes...I had never won PTI before...it was exciting! ;)

OttawaMom said...

I love that you created your own DSP background - looks great. and the pop of colour from the chevrons and 'birthday', are the perfect additions. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lynn said...

Sara, this is very cool. I love the way you did the background with the dies over laid. Awesome!

Leigh Penner said...

So cool and pretty, Sara! And your time is amazing!
Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Joyce said...

This is such a happy card. What a fun idea, and I love the chevron background you put behind your birthday die cut. It really makes that word stand out.

Joan B said...

love that background! what a great idea.

Jodene said...

What a great card, I love your use of stamps to create the background! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday.

Jodene said...

What a great card, I love your use of stamps to create the background! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday.

Laurie said...

I love how the red and blue pop on this black and white background! Such a cool card!