Monday, April 19, 2010

Practicing...

Stripes and French Knots.

I thought I'd throw together a card using scraps and these bridal flowers I bought from Michael's long ago.  I didn't have a specific idea in mind for my card.  I just wanted to practice two things.

I wanted to try my hand at stamping some stripes using the frame stamp in Luck of the Irish.  Nichole Heady showed us how to do it on this post.  She's a creative genius!  I stamped my stripes in Berry Sorbet and Raspberry Fizz.  So quick and simple! 

Here's Nichole's example: 


I also wanted to take a shot at adding some french knots to my card.  Maile Belles made a great tutorial that I followed.  It's really simple, but adds a great touch.  I sewed the flowers directly onto the berry sorbet strip using embroidery floss.

Once I had both of these done, I punched the large scallops and took the little strip that is left and adhered it across the top.  I still had no idea what I wanted the card to look like, but I decided to add the scrap of green paper and then two new leaf buttons.  I mounted it on a berry sorbet card base and decided it would make a good any occasion card.




All supplies Papertrey Ink unless stated otherwise.

Stamps:  Luck of the Irish
Paper:  Berry Sorbet, Stamper's Select White & unkown green scrap
Ink:  Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz
Accessories:  bridal flowers (Michael's), DMC 742 embroidery floss, New Leaf buttons, embossed curves border punch (EK success)

5 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is very pretty Sara! Your stripes look great :)

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card! And I love those little knots!

Barb said...

A great job & very pretty. I love the colors, Sara. You are so talented.

Jen Carter said...

Love it! Such a fun technique! I think it's great how you have the stripes at the bottom but also draw the eye to the top where you continued that theme with a small row of stripes.

Dana said...

Oh my Sara...This is so creative. I love the strip accross the top, had to enlarge the card to figure it out (then I read what you did!).
I never saw that post of Nichol's so I was stunned at your cleverness of using that frame to make the stripes! Pure genuis, and beautiful colors.