Thursday, August 2, 2012

For Your Inspiration #35

Where have these two weeks gone?  I really intended to get some other cards posted before now.  I cannot believe how quickly summer is flying by.

It's time for the next For Your Inspiration Challenge.  This week we have a gorgeous photo of Cologne Cathedral in Germany.  Stunning.   As always, you have two weeks to join in on the challenge.




I was inspired by the colors of the photo.  I just love all those lights.  


I was happy to finally break out some new stamps.  The flowers are from PTI's The Sweet Life and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up.  I stamped the flowers to mimic the sky and cathedral using Almost Amethyst, Breeze (which is like Aqua Mist), and Winter Wisteria.  The leaves which represent the bridge are stamped using Pear Tart and Ripe Avocado.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the DT to see what they created from this photo.  Their links are on my sidebar.

Blessings,



 
All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  The Sweet Life, Trust God (SU)
Paper:  Black, White
Ink:   Almost Amethyst (SU), Breeze (CTMH), Winter Wisteria, Ripe Avocado, Pear Tart (memento), black
Other:  Mat Stack 4 dies, Linen/Canvas IP, rhinestones

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sara! Love those roses!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...you got inky with your new set :) I love the layered white on white mat stacks too. Fabulous Sara!

The Paper Parade said...

I agree with Lynn, the layering of the two sizes of the white mat stack are beautiful! And the flowers in blue are so feminine :)

Geri said...

Just beautiful, Sara!! Love the layout, those beautiful roses AND the sentiment!! LOVE IT ALL!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous pick up of the flowers -- love those layers!

StephC said...

Everything about this makes me smile. Stunning! I love it!

Deanna said...

Love the white on white. Really makes the blue and greens pop. Just love your sentiment~Stunning!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card Sara! I love those Mat Stacks. Yes, summer is flying by, isn't it?

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Sara - the sentiment is wonderful, and I love your take on the photo.
Have a happy week - Sylvia xx

Joan B said...

gorgeous!