Saturday, March 23, 2013

No Stamps


No stamps?  No problem.  There are so many wonderful dies out there right now that make it easy to create a card without even a stamped sentiment.  I used the awesome "hello" die from Papertrey's Wonderful Words series.



I was playing around with some Distress Markers I recently bought.  I dipped the tips in water quickly and then scribbled on some watercolor paper.  Once that was done and looked like a hot mess, I cut it into little rectangles and mounted a few on the strip of black card stock.  Ahhh, that looked much better to me.  Finished off with the "hello" die cut.  Quick and easy!







 
 All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  NONE
Paper:  white, black, watercolor paper 
Ink:  distress markers
Other:  water brush zig), Wonderful Words: hello die

7 comments:

Kara said...

lol! your card came out great...you turned your hot mess into something really great!:)

Lynn said...

gorgeous Sara. I love the mix/match of colors...fabulous!

Joan B said...

Beautiful. Love those colors!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty--and I love how you cut up the colored paper, and then put it back together. Those distress markers look like great fun.

dstandard said...

This is fabulous - what an awesome card!

Unknown said...

Love it! That black really sets it off :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Totally agree, all the wonderful dies make stampless cards so much easier. Great job on this one, so cheery! Thanks so much for joining the CASual Fridays Challenge this week!