Thursday, April 3, 2014

Golden Birthday


Hi all!  I really didn't intend to take that long of a blog break.  Just got busy and didn't feel like blogging.  I know most of you get that.  I have still been making cards -- mostly because my friends and family still have birthdays coming up.

Here's one I made for my daughter using some of her favorite colors: black, gold and burgundy.


I just loved this Apache Blessing and doesn't it look cool embossed in gold?  Love it!  The gold strips are mulberry paper.  I used my hole punch to make the little gold dots from some gold Christmas stickers.

She adored this card.  It's totally her style - a bit busy for my taste, but just right for her.

Hope all is well with each of you!







 
 All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Inside Out Birthday II
Paper:  True Black, Scarlet Jewel, mulberry paper (unknown)
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  circle nestabilities, gold Christmas stickers, gold EP

8 comments:

dstandard said...

WOW Sara! What a gorgeous card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sara your gold embossing is just gorgeous--beautiful card!

Lynn said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Sara! I love the sentiment. So beautiful and perfect!

Diane Jaquay said...

The sentiment is fabulous! I love all the circles on your card, and the gold is stunning!

Jennifer K said...

Very pretty! The gold embossing totally sets it off. Gold for the golden birthday! :)

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card. I love that Apache blessing and use it on the inside of birthday cards alot. I am going to try it embossed in gold on the outside next time. Love it in a circle, too.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Sara, so striking and such a beautiful sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Michal Mac said...

This is one of my absolute favorites of yours! And not only because you made it for me...:) Beautiful job, momma! I never want to take it off my wall.