Monday, March 5, 2012

Catching Up

Hi all!  Long time no talk huh?  Things have been non-stop busy around here so I had to take a break from card making & blogging.  You know, I don't like to hurry (hence the blog name) or be rushed, so something had to give.  I promise to get back to posting cards soon.

I recently returned from Hawaii.  I made a quick trip there for my grandfather's funeral.  It was certainly bittersweet.  The best part was spending precious time with all my extended family that I have not seen in years.  It's too bad that it usually takes a funeral for families to really gather around and spend quality time together.  I did manage to grab a quick breakfast with Nadine on my last morning there, but I forgot to get a picture of us together.

Once my plane landed back here I hit the ground running with the work and the girls' activities.  This weekend my oldest daughter had a show choir competition in Ohio so I got to meet up with Lynn, her husband and adorable son Collin.


Her son Ryan is also in a middle school show choir.  It was great to see him perform.  Their group was amazing!  Their show was my favorite performance of the day.  Here are Ryan and my daughter at the end of the day.  After I took this photo, my daughter's friends kept asking her who that cute boy was and how she knew him:)


Here's a group shot of our show choir.  They did such a great job this weekend -- Grand Champions!




11 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

I've definitely missed you posting, but now I see why! You've been very busy! How neat that you got to see Lynn and her son :) I love the comment your daughter's friends made about the "cute boy." I'm sure his friends were saying the same thing about your daughter...she's gorgeous! And you're right it is sad that it takes a funeral to get family together, I'm sorry for your loss :(

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I've missed your blogging. Love the pics today--how fun that you got to see some blogging friends. What a beautiful choir. All the kids look so wholesome and nice.

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I've missed your blogging. Love the pics today--how fun that you got to see some blogging friends. What a beautiful choir. All the kids look so wholesome and nice.

Lynn said...

Sara, it was so great to see you this weekend and meet your whole family. here's hoping we can do it again very soon! I think our hubbies enjoyed getting to know each other too. Next time they'll have to have a beer! And..I'm sure Ryan will love to read your comments :)! Big huge congrats to Edgewood on the win!! WOOHOO!!

Suzanne said...

What a fun get-together - the pics are beautiful. So sorry to hear about your loss, Sara. We've missed you here.

Nadine said...

It was great seeing you Sara, I only wish we had more time. The morning just seemed to whizz by!

Your daughter is gorgeous BTW. Looks just like her mama!

Dr. Ivy said...

Congrats to the Edgewood Show Choir! Great job, I know that it requires a lot of hard work.

Amy Kolling said...

So sorry for your loss Sara.
Your daughter is just a gorgeous girl.....so grown up. I think one of the great joys of this hobby is finally meeting up with some of my blog friends....I had the chance to meet Lynn too and she's a sweetheart!

Kristin said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss, but I am so glad you got a chance to meet one of the HI PTI group in person. And then Lynn too. The pics are great. get some R&R- you deserve it!

Marlena M. said...

I'm sorry for your loss Sara. I'm glad you got to see family though.
Beautiful daughter! It's great you got to visit with fellow bloggy friends-lovely pic of you and Lynn. ;)

StephC said...

So sorry for your loss.

It's always nice to meet friends from "blogland", isn't it? Congrats to your daughter and their show choir. Great job to them! :)