Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm Sorry


When I saw the colors for the Play Date Cafe this week I was reminded of my Beautiful Blooms patterned paper from PTI.  I've had these three little pieces in my scrap drawer since I made this card for my daughter in 2010.  Yes, I really am that frugal.  I save most everything if I think I can use it again.  I'm certainly not a hoarder, but I do like to recycle, reuse and re-purpose what I can.

One of my husband's co-workers asked me to make her an apology type card to give to her husband.  I jokingly said "I don't even know how to make one of those."  I dug around and found this little "I'm sorry." sentiment and kept things pretty simple.  The added scoring helped frame the three squares.

Sorry for the horrible picture.  I wanted to get this to her quickly:)










 
All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Flower Garden Sentiments
Paper:  white, black, beautiful blooms pp
Ink:  black (memento)
Other: heart dies, take three die, pure poppy, Hawaiian shores felt, Scor-Pal

13 comments:

Donna B. said...

Super cute card! Love the felt hearts and the patterned paper! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Patrice said...

Great take on the colors - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

Joyce said...

Super card. You are so lucky to have patterned papers in the exact colors of a challenge. Never happens to me. Love the sentiment in the heart. Very sweet.

Lynn said...

Love that paper! Perfect for the color challenge and I'm sure Andrew's co-worker will adore it. I have to admit...I am really bad about reusing things! You would be frustrated about the scraps I throw away!!

Geri said...

Perfect little 'sorry' card!! The scoring was a really nice touch, too! CUTE!

Jennifer K said...

I have that paper, too and don't think I've even used it. This is perfect and the scoring adds just the right touch.

Made by M.E said...

Simple and beautiful card. You have given me an idea how to use this paper...thank you..XOXO

Angi Barrs said...

Super fab. Love the texture of the felt hearts. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

~amy~ said...

awesome...love the felties! thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Ooh so pretty! I love your little felt accents too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Marybeth said...

Very pretty Sara

Marybeth said...

Didn't finish ..... Love the papers and that would be a hard card to make .... But you did it ! Beautiful .

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I really like the way you created a band with your scored lines for your tiles. Blessings!