Friday, March 1, 2013

Masked Butterfly


I saw this gorgeous card on Pinterest and wanted to try my hand at creating something similar.




  • I began by die-cutting a butterfly on a post-it note and then used the negative of the die to do the sponging with distress inks.  
  • With the mask still in place I stamped two silhouette images in London Fog ink.  
  • Instead of turning that into a one layer card I die cut the sponged butterfly. 
  • Stamped a Soft Stone card base with silhouette images in London Fog and mounted the butterfly on there.
With all the muted colors I decided that it should be a sympathy card, thus the beautiful sentiment from PTI's Beautiful Butterflies.  I'm definitely going to make a few one layer cards using this butterfly mask and silhouette images.

I'm entering this into the Simon Says Challenge:  Anything Goes


Hope you have a fantastic weekend!




 
Stamps:   Beautiful Butterflies (PTI), Silhouettes (Inque Boutique)
Paper:   Soft Stone (PTI)
Ink:   Broken China, Victorian Velvet (distress inks), Dandelion, London Fog, black (memento)
Other:  Beautiful Butterflies die (PTI)

5 comments:

Renee said...

Sara this is perfectly gorgeous!
I love the neutral color with the gorgeous colors on the butterfly...
a perfect sympathy card...
which are always so HARD!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous, Sara! I love the blending of inks/colors and the images stamped over them.

Lynn said...

So great to see all of you this weekend Sara! Absolutely adore your card...the pop of color against the gray is beautiful.

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card Sara! Love the butterfly! :)

debby4000 said...

Love your beautiful card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby