Thursday, August 8, 2013

My "Happy" Background


Here are two fun birthday cards that I made using a variety of "happy" sentiment stamps.  I went through all of my clear stamps and pulled out any sentiments that were simply the word HAPPY.  I found nine different stamps and arranged them on a block.


As you can see I started by stamping the card base with white ink.  I then die cut a circle and stamped it a few times in black.  I mounted that up on pop dots and added the die cut "birthday" word using my new Birthday Trio dies from Papertrey Ink.

Here's another color combination.  For this one I colored in the drop shadow to match the birthday die cut on one of the "happy" words.  It's a subtle touch but it adds a little something to the card.


I'm entering both of these into the Moxie Fab World birthday card challenge.

I'm also submitting these into the Words, Words, Words challenge at Our Creative Corner.

Blessings,



 

Stamps:   variety of "happy" sentiments (mostly from PTI)
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise / Pure Poppy, Ballet Blue / Orange, white 
Ink:   White, Black
Other:  Birthday dies (pti), circle die (spellbinders)

9 comments:

Michal Mac said...

I love them both! See, you ARE creative and artsy, no matter how many times you deny it(;

Kelly Griglione said...

What a great way to make your own pattern paper! I bet you were slow to put all those stamps away after digging them out and arranging them, right? At least you made two great cards with them : )

Anonymous said...

These are so striking and the repetition of the stamp in white and black is very effective.
Heather T

Jennifer K said...

What a great idea, Sara to use all those happys. Love the graphic-ness of it.

Joyce said...

What a fabulous idea. There is no doubt that you want the recipient to have a happy birthday.

Joan B said...

hmm...these are fabulous! what a great way to combine those sentiments.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sara! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Margie said...

A simple but very effective idea Sara. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner. Margie x

Words and Pictures said...

I love all those fonts for the 'happys', and the bold graphic design of both cards. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x