Sunday, February 9, 2014

Make a Wish

I'm back again with another card for the festivities at Papertrey.  I decided to try my hand at another color combo and sketch challenge.  I took some creative license with the sketch:)


Here are the color combo and sketch I combined:





I had these two Kraft "rings" sitting on my desk as scraps from my father's birthday card here, so I decided to use those as the top half-circle piece of the sketch.  I layered them over some guidelines card stock that I chose for the base.  The candles were cut out of Kraft paper as well so the ink colors are not as vibrant.  I added touches of gold glitter pen to everything to make it sparkle and shine.

The photo doesn't really do it justice.  It really looks better in real life.

Well it's back to work tomorrow so we'll see if I can squeeze in any more crafty fun this week.


Blessings,



 
 All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:   Polka Dot Parade #12
Paper:   Guidelines cs, Kraft
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise
Other:  Polka Dot Parade #12 candle dies, circle nestabilitites (spellbinders), gold glitter gel pen

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Way to use the left overs...I love the graphic feel of this card Sara!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sara what a fabulous card, I love your kraft candles!

Jennifer K said...

Cute! The rings make me think of the Olympics - perfect timing!

Joyce said...

This is so fun. Love how you did the sentiment. Those circles look to me just like part of the Olympics logo. Perhaps I am watching too much TV.

Joyce said...

Congrats! I saw your name on the PTI winners page this morning. Always love it when one of my friends wins!

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous card Sara!!!

Jill said...

Hi Sara! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and welcoming me back! I love your graphic card, and I too thought immediately of the Olympics when I saw it--way to be au currant! :-D The gold glitter is the perfect touch!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card...love how you added the circles...

Diane Jaquay said...

Sara, I'M doing a happy dance here too cause your comment on my blog made me so happy! I think I've missed chatting with sweet friends even more than I've missed making cards! I'm glad you're getting back into it too, you're cards are more than just cards, they're a blessing to the recipients as well as those of us who get to look at them here on your blog! I love this candle card! I ordered this stamp set, although I couldn't get the matching dies as they were out of stock (sigh, I won't even get started on that, ALL of the matching dies I wanted for the stamp sets I ordered were out of stock, guess some things never change lol!) I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work soon :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this design with those fun circles up top, just love the geometry of this.