Thursday, August 4, 2011

For Your Inspiration #11


Hi again everyone.  It's time for challenge #11 on the For Your Inspiration Blog.  Look at this vibrant photograph that Steph chose for us this week.  I love the colors and went in that direction with my card.  I hope you can play along with this latest challenge.  You have until Wednesday, August 17 to submit a project inspired by the photo above.

Here's my card:


I used my much neglected Birds of a Feather stamp set from Papertrey.  I double stamped the nest with a light and dark ink to make it look more like a messy nest.  Do you notice the white birds stamped on the turquoise panel?  That was inspired by the clouds in the photo.  I used my For Sale Sign punch for the image panels.  Kinda reminded me of the shape of the buildings. 

What do you think?

Go check out what the rest of the team put together for this challenge.










All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Birds of a Feather
Paper: Vintage Cream, Black, Tempting Turquoise (SU), green scrap
Ink:  Sepia, white (memories), Haystack (palette), Hawaiian Shores, black (memento)
Other:  green brads, For Sale Sign punch (ek success), circle nesties

10 comments:

Lynn said...

A belated congrats on being in the PTI newsletter. Awesome! I love those sweet little eggs on your card!

Kara said...

great design..love how you have speckled the eggs!!

Keva said...

Oh my gosh...if I had seen this card before I placed my PTI order this morning, this set would have been in my cart. Look how cute this is! Love it

Suzanne said...

I'm with Keva - I don't have this set...I am not sure I knew it existed! But you did such a great job with it, especially love the background!

Debby said...

Love the subtle background stamping and such cute little nests!

StephC said...

Lovely card Sara! I love it!

Hazel said...

This is a brilliant card - love the way you were inspired by the FYI photo x

Jen Carter said...

This is such a sweet card! What a fun scene you created!! Adorable!

Katie said...

I love how you took the inspiration photo and made such a beautiful card. I think the white birds are my favorite little bit!

Marlena M. said...

I love the sentiment and creative presentation Sara. Very pretty. ;)