Monday, August 15, 2011

Masculine 50th BD

My hubby asked me to make a card for a co-worker who was turning 50.  It was really short notice so I quickly made a card.  Perfect timing too since Wee Memories is having a Masculine Challenge this week.


When in doubt on a masculine card I reach for striped patterned paper.  The 50 was a no-brainer since I had my wonderful number dies from Papertrey.  Love those things!  My other go-to for man cards is stars. 

So this is what I made:


I've had that patterned paper for years.  I was happy to cut into it and use some.  Why oh why do we buy so much of that stuff?





All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes
Paper:  White, unknown pp
Ink:  black (memento)
Other:  number & star dies, tiny mosaic cuttlebug folder

10 comments:

Christina said...

This is a fantastic masculine card! I love how you used the striped paper for the numbers and stamped part of the sentiment right on the patterned paper. Great design!

Mara Campbell said...

The striped paper is great for a masculine card. I love the design with the numbers over that big star!

Unknown said...

Love it! That bold pattern really works great with the white embossed star and all the negative space.

Amy Kolling said...

I love that you carried the pattern paper over to your numbers! Great design and great masculine card!

Jennifer K said...

Looks great, Sara! I think so many of us find it hard to make a masculine card but I would have done the same as you - stars, striped paper, numbers... ;)

reeree62 said...

Just beautiful! I am definitely CASE-ing this!!

Renee said...

It's fantastic...
love that paper!
And a perfect guy card...
especially last minute!! :)

Jen Carter said...

This is such a fun card! Love the paper and fun design! Perfect for a celebration!

Joyce said...

What a great design. It works perfectly with that paper (I also like stripes for guys), but it would also work for a gal, with different paper. Will be casing, since this is the big 50 year for all my friends! Thanks for the inspiration.

Giovana said...

This is fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at the Wee Memories Challenge.