Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bring On the Day

Aloha everyone!  Here's a cheery card that combines a few challenges on my list.  Another 3-in-1 card:)

 The color inspiration for this card comes from Jen Carter's great inspiration challenge on the Paper Dolls Blog using this photo below.  Isn't it beautiful?  I chose the Papertrey colors of Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, Simply Chartreuse and Pure Poppy.  I don't know why the Lemon Tart doesn't look yellow in this photo:(


I created this card using the Selective Inking technique from the Papertrey Make it Monday challenge this week.  I used two sentiments from Big Birthday Wishes and inked up the words I wanted.  The original sentiments are "bring on the happy" and "birthday".  As you can see I masked off the happy and birth in each sentiment.  I also selectively inked up the little cupcake from the Everyday Classics anniversary set.  The stamping on the bottom of the Lemon Tart panel combines images from two background sets -- Tin Types (pure poppy) and the single design stamp from Retro (hawaiian shores).

My layout is from the Clean & Simple blog:  FTL139.  I just love their sketches.







All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated

Stamps:  BG Basics: Tin Types, BG Basics: Retro, Big Birthday Wishes, Everyday Classics
Paper:  Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, Black
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Pear Tart (Memento), Black (Memento)
Other:  Simply Chartreuse saddle stitch ribbon, New Leaf & Pure Poppy Twine, Linen/Canvas impression plate, photo hanger (CTMH), red pearls (recollections)

15 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty! I love the unique embellishment you made with the twine!

Amy Kolling said...

I like how you've used 2 different background stamp sets here......It gives such a neat look! Love Jen's colors and how you used them!

Christina said...

This is such a fun design! Love the way you stamped the bottom, and the baker's twine is a cute touch. Great job combining the challenges!

Renee said...

You amaze me...
if I get one challenge right in one challenge I'm doing good...
how you get 3 just leaves me befuddled.
Love everything about it...
those colors are fabby together...
an excellent challenge from Jen...
gorgeous!

Suzanne said...

I love it all! This is so beautiful, Sara!

Janelle said...

Love how you created that background at the bottom using the two sets. Great colors, great design, great job with your selective inking.

Lisa Elton said...

Great jog,liking the ribbon/twine detail !!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE these colors and your unique little twine treatment! Looking forward to getting to "know" you through FYI!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the ribbon treatment...it looks fab! Great job with PTI's Make It Monday challenge!!

Kristin said...

PERFECT!!! you did great with both challenges! :)

Lee Anne said...

I LOVE this! You represented the colors from Jen's challenge perfectly!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card, Sara! Love the colors, design and the different textures!

Sue Ann said...

That is exactly what I say every morning when my feet hit the floor. Beautiful colors and I LOVE the hardware on the end of the ribbon with the twine ....... FABBY. LOVE IT GIRL!!

Jen Carter said...

This is wonderful! I love how these colors looks together! I really like how you tied the twine onto the hardward, that is such a cool look and adds great texture to the card!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

This is great, Sara! Love that little cupcake at the top. I like how you used the little metal thingy (not sure what they're called!). I have a bunch of those, but never used any. Thanks for the idea!