Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day Leaf

Here's a simple card using the negative of my Sizzix leaf die cut from this card.  When I knew I wanted a leaf for that thank you card, I couldn't bring myself to cut into a brand new sheet of New Leaf paper (silly, I know).  I made a card base and cut it this way, knowing I would turn it into a card.


I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the Guide Lines collection to the inside of the card front, stamped the sentiment and wrapped some pretty ribbons around it.  I also decided to add a few stacked silk flowers and a Lavender Moon button.




All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated

Stamps:  Delightful Dahlia
Paper:  New Leaf, Guide Lines pp
Ink:  black (memento)
Other:  lavender moon ribbon, lavender moon button, silk flowers (Michael's), black & pearl ribbon (Hobby Lobby), Sizzix Branch w/leaves die, corner rounder

10 comments:

Renee said...

It's gorgeous!
And how fantastic that you were able to use the negative!
I never think that far ahead :)

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! The embossed leaf is awesome! Perfect CAS card Sara! Hugs ~S~

Lee Anne said...

I love New Leaf, so I know what you mean about cutting into it. Your card is beautiful and I think the patterned paper behind the die cut is beautiful!

Lorraine said...

This is both creative and beautiful, Sara! I never think to save the negatives and the impression outline left by the die itself frames the leaves and is a nice touch!

Unknown said...

Ooohh - I remember the card using the leaf cutout, and how amazing you have the perfect negative! It impressed an amazing border too! LOVE it, Sara!

Sue Plote said...

So pretty, Sara...just lovely!!

Amy Kolling said...

This is gorgeous done in green!! That s one of my favorite leaf dies and it looks great as the focal point here!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Way to think ahead, Sara! I love getting the most use of our supplies. Your card turned out great! I like how you intertwined the black ribbon and strand of pearls.

Jill said...

Love that Guidelines paper peek--purple and green are just the best color combo, aren't they? Great subtle embossing around the leaf cut, and what a lovely way to use trims! You are so talented!

Jen Carter said...

This looks fabulous!! I love how the negative is such a "positive" for a card!! Very pretty!