Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 2011 PTI Blog Hop + CFC #3


It's time for another Papertrey Blog Hop.  This time it's all about flowers.  How could I not play along?  I always say that I'm not buying any more flower stamps and then Nichole and the Papertrey DT make some incredible projects with the new flower sets.  Into my cart they go:)

For this card I used my Sending You set.  I love these unique flowers.  I chose to stamp the largest blossom on a piece of adhesive cork that I cut out with one of the dies from Limitless Layers.



I added some yellow glitter to the center of the flower and a rhinestone colored with my R35 copic marker for some bling.  This is also for CAS-ual Fridays latest challenge: Bring the Bling.  I LOVE this new challenge blog!



I'll keep it short since you are hopping along.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!




All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated

Stamps:  Sending You, Tag-its 3
Paper:  white, black, berry sorbet, green (unknown)
Ink:  Berry Sorbet, black (memento), Glue pad (tsukineko)
Other:  adhesive cork (JoAnn's), branch die (sizzix), Picnic Plaid IP, yellow glitter (Martha Stewart), gemstone, copics

28 comments:

Laurie said...

Sara this is so pretty! I love the sparkle in the flower! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Love how you used the cork...
especially down at the bottom too!:)
Love the sparkle and bling...
fabby card!

Kryssi said...

The subtle gold bling in the flower is really pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Debby said...

Great take on the challenges Sara. Love the texture that the cork adds and the subtle bling - just perfect!

Marge said...

Always love using cork -- your card is a perfect example of how fabulous it can be!!!

Jen Carter said...

Love the impressions on this card! IT really looks beautiful against the white and melon! I like that glittery center in the flower too!

Lisa said...

I really love how you used the cork for you flower and then again at the bottom- cool :)

Keva said...

That cork flower is brilliant, Sara. Love it and the colors you used.

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh this has such a pretty earthiness to it. It reminds me of the southwest :)

Michele Gross said...

Very cool way to use the cork and the bling looks fab on it! Glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lee Anne said...

Love the cork and how you lined up the impression plate on both pieces of cardstock! Clever!

Cyndie said...

Isn't this cute!?! How cool that you used the leftover cork as a border--great idea!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Such an original flower!!! Very pretty!! Great colors, love it!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jill said...

A Limitless Layer flower? Genius, Sara! And made out of cork even? This is so cool! And I lovvvve the touch you gave your sentiment strip by stamping the partial flowers on it! Great job!

Sue Lelli said...

Sara, the embossing is FAB and your flower is WOW!

Karen B. said...

Ooh, that's pretty! Love your color combination! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sue Ann said...

Oh Sara ........ LOVE LOVE LOVE ........ so beautiful and the touch of flowers on the sentiment PERFECT!!!

Linda said...

Lovely. So different and unique. Wonderful idea to use the cork.

Teresa said...

What a fun way to play with cork. Your flower turned out great

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty card! Like the different textures you have on this.

DF said...

Oh, very pretty. Great idea to incorporate cork.

Gina said...

I love how you used cork for this! And glitter...ooooh! Fun!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the cork! Really nice card. Your colours are fabulous.

Laura Davis said...

Oh this is beautiful!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karin Åkesdotter said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

That cork works great as dirt, like how you cut it out at the bottom. Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

Dana said...

Love the cork here Sara. Not only as the flower, but also as the soil. Way clever. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow, I love your use of cork here! That is a medium I often forget to use. Just a sweet sweet card!