Sunday, May 8, 2011

For Your Inspiration #5

I decided to play along with the FYI challenge this week when I saw this gorgeous photo.  I knew right away what card I wanted to create. 


I took a literal interpretation from this photo and created a scenic card with a church, clouds and grass.  Of course my little country church is quite humble compared to that cathedral.


I loved Stampscapes stamps!  I have a few and I just don't spend enough time playing with them.  Gotta remedy that.  I stamped the church scene and the tall grass in the foreground in Memento black and the clouds in Memento Sky Blue.  I used Prismacolor pencils and Copics to color in the grass.

This card was sent off to a special stamping buddy who is in the hospital undergoing some pretty rigorous chemo treatments right now.



12 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sara, this is beautiful! Like a watercolor painting - you did an amazing job with the coloring!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Your stamping buddy could use a special card like this right now. I hope the treatment is successful.

StephC said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it. Your such a talented paper crafter (I checked out more posts ;)). So glad you joined us at FYI. Hope you'll play along again soon!

Diane Jaquay said...

Sara, this is just lovely!!!

Renee said...

Breathtaking!
Absolutely stunning...
love it!
It reminds me of the church I actually went to as a little girl...
it's changed a lot now but that's what it used to look like.
Your friend will love this and it truly cheer them...
gorgeous!

Keva said...

Sara..what a pretty card! Love that little church and I'm sure it'll be well loved. Thanks for playing at FYI this week!

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

A gorgeous card Sara, your colouring is excellent - love it! Sarah x

Amy Kolling said...

Holy moly girl!!! I had to keep looking at the photo and then at your card! IT IS AMAZING!!!! Seriously, one fantastic card! Mad coloring skills I tell ya!

Lorraine said...

Oh Sara, this is gorgeous! Such a beautiful scene you have created! Perfect color card base and matting too!

dstandard said...

WOW this is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at FYI!

Valerie said...

Beutiful - I bet your friend loved it :)

Sue Ann said...

SARA SARA SARA~~ I love this and the literal translation is just perfect. I love the grass and the trees and the clouds and this country church is so peaceful!!! Beautiful!!!