Saturday, May 28, 2011

Karol

Yesterday my friend and stamping buddy Karol went to be with the Lord.  She was the friend who had been undergoing intensive chemo treatments recently.

Karol was one of the sweetest women I knew.  She always, without exception, made us laugh and laugh whenever we got together to stamp.  The best part was that she wasn't even trying to be funny.  She was just being her wonderful self and it brought us such joy.

Here is a picture of me and Karol take a year ago after a fun day of cardmaking.  She will be missed.


Here is the card I put together to give to her family:



I colored the glads with prismacolor pencils and baby oil then scored two lines for a "frame".  Kept it simple.




All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Year of Flowers: Gladiolus, Damask Designs (sentiment)
Paper:  Plum Pudding, White
Ink:  black (memento)
Other:  Linen/Canvas impression plate, scor-pal, prismacolor pencils, baby oil

12 comments:

Debby said...

Sara, I'm so sorry to hear you have lost your friend. Even when you know someone is ill, it doesn't lessen the pain on loosing them. The card you are giving to her family is gorgeous and will hopefully bring some comfort.

Debbie Gaydos said...

Sara, I'm so sorry about your friend! The card is just soooo lovely and I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by her family.

Sue Ann said...

Sara I am so sorry that you lost your friend!!! I know she will still be with you at your stamping get togethers she will let you know she is there. The card you made is so beautiful and conveys how you feel about Karol. Sending you hugs and thoughts and prayers!!!

sillyleann said...

I wish you and all her family and friends much healing after such a loss. I think your card was perfect.

Renee said...

Sara I'm so sorry that you have lost your friend.
I know that you will miss her.
The card is gorgeous and I know her family will appreciate it...
but even more they appreciate you and all you meant to her.
Sending prayers, thoughts and hugs your way.

Keva said...

Oh, Sara, I'm so sorry that you lost your friend. You made a beautiful card for her family, though. I really like the way you "framed" it.

Lee Anne said...

Your card is beautiful, Sara, and I know Karol's family will appreciate it even more knowing it came from her card-making friend. Blessings to you.

Amy Kolling said...

What a gorgeous card for your friends family. I'm so sorry that you lost your friend. Just know that she will always be with you at your stamping gatherings! Sending big hugs to you!

Joan B said...

Sara, I am so sorry that you lost a good friend. Life is so hard to understand sometimes. I am sure that Karol's family will appreciate your absolutely beautiful card. My thoughts are with you. Joan

Lorraine said...

Sara, I am so sorry for your loss. She sounded like a good friend and great person. The card you created is so beautiful and touching, too.

Marlena M. said...

Sara, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. That is so hard.

Jen Carter said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! What a joy to know that she is with the Lord! Your card is beautiful. Peaceful. Perfect for this occassion.