Thursday, May 19, 2011

FYI Challenge #6

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today it's time for the next For Your Inspiration challenge.  I've recently been asked to join the DT for this new challenge blog!!  I'm so thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful group of stampers.  Keva Brown and Debby Hughes are new to the DT too.

Here is the photo inspiration for this week.  Please join us in creating a project based on this photo.  You have until June 1st to play!


Here's my card:


Once again I went with a literal interpretation of the photo.  These inspiration challenges are a real stretch for me -- guess that's why they are called challenges, huh?

I started with a Blueberry Sky base and embossed two clouds using my cloud dies from Up, Up & Away.  Then I stamped inside them (and around the base) with fresh snow ink.  The balloons are cut from a sheet of pp from the Polka Dot Parade collection and colored with Copics.  For the red balloon, after coloring I stamped it again in white ink with the solid balloon stamp from the same set.
This will be another card for my sweet friend who is undergoing an intensive cancer treatment right now.






All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated.

Stamps:  Up, Up & Away, Everyday Button Bits
Paper:  Blueberry Sky, white, polka dot parade pp
Ink:  Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy, black (memento)
Other:  Up, Up & Away balloon and cloud dies, blue gemstones, paper piercer, copics

12 comments:

Dana said...

Sara, I love the mix of paper piecing and coloring on your balloons. And how clever to stamp on top of the one with white ink...was that to subdue the color? I love the look!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super sweet card Sara! Perfect interpretation of the photo! Hugs ~S~

StephC said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the balloons and the cloud background. Wonderful card for a friend who's not feeling well. Well done!

Keva said...

This is so pretty, Sara. I love the little banner at the bottom with the rhinestones added. Very sweet card.

Wanda Cullen said...

Sara, so glad you are joining us on the FYI team...your work is beautiful! LOVE the embossed clouds and the sentiment flag is perfect! Your friend will certainly be "lifted up" by this card!

Debby said...

Sara, love how you embossed and then stamped the clouds - very nice touch. Also the sentiment off to the side for interest is fab too. Great take on the photo!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, Sara! Love the clean design, the embossing & stamping of the clouds and the dimensional balloons! And congrats on the DT position - well deserved!

Sue Ann said...

OH OH OH ....... total love!!! This is so beautiful Sara and makes me all happy just looking at it!!

DF said...

Wow, nicely done! So much texture and detail in the card. I like how you used patterned paper to stamp the balloons on.

Lee Anne said...

I love how you used the dies to emboss the clouds! This is a beautiful card!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow, I have yet to try this technique but I love the clouds done like this! WOW! I just think this is a fantastic card!

Gisela said...

Super cute card! I bought that set and love it. How did you embossed with a die without cutting? Please save me the trouble of trying to figure it out, LOL!