Thursday, May 26, 2011

Papertrey Paper Dolls #38

It's my turn to host the newest challenge at the Papertrey Paper Dolls Blog.  Have I mentioned how much I love being a part of this amazing group of women?   Not only are they super talented, but they are so generous and kind-hearted too.

Okay, on to the challenge:

It's the start of wedding season!  Anyone attending any weddings this summer?  Even if you don't have a wedding to go to you'll probably need lots of anniversary cards on hand for all the weddings you previously attended.

I'm issuing a simple challenge to make either a wedding or an anniversary card!

My husband and I are going to a wedding this Saturday. I created this card based on the colors of the gorgeous wedding invitation -- black & white with a splash of aqua.



The aqua flower is cut from a sheet of mulberry paper and then stamped.  I just layered three different die cuts to create the blossom.  I used the Victorian Lace border die for my scalloped flap and added some pearls to dress it up.






All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless stated

Stamps:  In Bloom, Giga Guidlines (sentiment)
Paper:  True Black, white, mulberry paper (remember when)
Ink:  black (memento), tropical blue (rubber stampede)
Other:  Victorian Lace die, In Bloom dies, pearls (michael's)

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Gorgeous, Sara! I love the border with the pearls!

Sudha said...

Wow awesome creation dear.

Keva said...

This is so pretty, sara! I relaly like your color choices and the pearls are perfect on there. I have no weddings in my future..well, not until September anyway.

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Sara! I love the colors!

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL and the pop of color on the mulberry is just fantastic....... LOVE

Kristin said...

First, yea for this challenge! I have a lot of anniversary cards to make this time of year! And, second, I LOVE your card!!

Jill said...

Beautiful, Sara! I love these colors for a wedding, and they must have been fun to work with. Great idea to stamp the leaves simply and leave them black & white, it just makes the card. Stamping the flower layers on mulberry paper--this is the first time I've seen this and I love it! Definitely gives the flowers a different look! This is going to be the bride's favorite card! :-)

Dana said...

Sara this is a very pretty card. I love the touch of blue and the way you popped up those mulberry paper flowers. Lovely. And the border on the left with pearls is awesome!

Debby said...

What a fab wedding card - love the black and white with "a splash"

Janelle said...

The mulberry paper die cut and stamped is beautiful! Wonderful wedding card.

Amy Kolling said...

I haven't used mulberry paper in forever! Beautiful layered flower! This is a favorite thing of mine to do....customize the card with their colors! Gorgeous! Great challenge!

Stephanie said...

Sara.......This is so pretty! Great wedding card. I'm sure the happy couple will just cherish this one.

Laurie said...

Beautiful card and a fantastic challenge! I have to play along!

Lee Anne said...

With June coming up, we are all going to need wedding and anniversary cards! This is beautiful!